Use the Text Recognition Module

Taking an image dataset of numbers (download) as an example, this section will show you how to use the Text Recognition module to recognize and output the characters in an image. The characters that can be recognized include numbers, letters, and some special symbols.

You can also use your own data. The usage process is overall the same, but the labeling part is different.
  1. Create a new project and add the Text Recognition module: Click New Project after you opened the software, name the project, and select a directory to save the project. Then, click example projects icon create in the upper-right corner and add the Text Recognition module.

    example projects add project
  2. Import the image data of rotors: Unzip the downloaded data file. Click the Import/Export button in the upper left corner, select Import Folder, and import the image data.

    example projects import images
    • For better model performance, the Text Recognition module is often preceded by another module. In this case, you can select Import  Import from previous module to import data.

    • When you select Import Dataset, you can only import datasets in the DLKDB format (.dlkdb), which are datasets exported from Mech-DLK.

  3. Select an ROI: Click the ROI Tool button example projects icon roi and adjust the frame to set an ROI that covers the text areas of all images. Then, click Apply on the top of the selection region to save the setting. Setting the ROI can avoid interferences from the background.

    example projects roi
  4. Label the images: Select the Text Recognition Tool from the toolbar to label the images.

    example projects labeling
  5. Split the dataset into the training set and validation set: By default, 80% of the images in the dataset will be split into the training set, and the rest 20% will be split into the validation set. You can click example projects icon slider and drag the slider to adjust the proportion. Please make sure that both the training set and validation set include all kinds of texts to be detected. If the default training set and validation set cannot meet this requirement, please right-click the name of the image and then click Switch to training set or Switch to validation set to adjust the set to which the image belongs.

    example projects move image
  6. Train the model: Keep the default training parameter settings and click on Train to start training the model.

    example projects training chart
  7. Validate the Model: After the training is completed, click Validate to validate the model and check the results.

    example projects result verification
  8. Export the model: Click Export and select a directory to save the trained model.

    example projects model files

The exported model can be used in Mech-Vision and Mech-DLK SDK. Click here to view the details.

We Value Your Privacy

We use cookies to provide you with the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use the site, you acknowledge that you agree to the use of cookies. If you decline, a single cookie will be used to ensure you're not tracked or remembered when you visit this website.